Thursday, February 20, 2020

British Lion


Yesterday I did autographs and the concert with British Lion at The Chameleon Club in Lancaster PA.  This band is the side project of Iron Maiden Bassist Steve Harris they have 2 records out one from 2012 and the newest effort was released in December.  I got to the venue about 3 PM and Steve was already out in town at a sports bar watching West Ham lose to Man. City in soccer. I was able to get the other 4 members within about 40 minutes so it was a good start but the real reason I went early I hadn't seen yet but another 45 minutes passed and Steve and others walk up to the bus he was very nice signing multiple items and taking pictures.  After going to dinner went back for the show with opening act The Picturebooks from Germany a 2 piece band singer/guitarist and a drummer/backing vocals played a 10 song 45-50 minute I caught a piece of a drum stick maybe the thickest stick I've ever seen. British Lion played an hour an half set including 16 songs all from the 2 albums no covers so no Iron Maiden songs which was fine with me there doing there own thing and I had seen prior set-list so wasn't a surprise to me.  After the show all but the lead singer came out to the merchandise table and signed and took pictures the line was long so the manager said 2 items the guy in front of me just wanted a picture and he was nice enough to get 2 for me. I also was able post show got a set-list and David & Grahame gave me picks.
Here is what I was able to get
Steve Harris Bassist -  5 Albums, 2 Programs, Ticket, Set-List & 3 8x10.
Richard Taylor Singer - Ticket & 8x10.
David Hawkins Guitarist - Ticket, Set-List & 8x10.
Grahame Leslie Guitarist - Pick, Ticket, Set-List & 8x10.
Simon Dawson - Drums - Ticket, Set-List & 8x10.

Steve Harris and I

Opening Act The Picture Books

Signed Albums

Signed Programs

8x10's and Album signed


Steve Harris

Richard Taylor

David Hawkins

Simon Dawson
Richard, Grahame Leslie & David
Here are links to 3 songs that I recorded Judas, The Burning & Spit Fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8hUT8bBx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx3C8E0ui8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTztnzujE1E

No comments:

Post a Comment